GUARDIANS OF THE SICK/BIKUR CHOLIM CHESED ORGANIZATION - An overview
Mission Statement: Guardians of the Sick, devoted to human wellness, builds upon the Biblical values of compassion and community service. It will continue to help hospital patients, the elderly, at-risk children and the disadvantaged, and to alleviate the peripheral burdens of adversity that devolve upon these families, thereby Vision: To identify individuals and families in need of Guardians of the Sick/Bikur Cholim's services and to ensure that their needs are met expeditiously. History: Guardians of the Sick, Inc., also known as Bikur Cholim Chesed Organization, is a grass-roots community charitable organization which was established and incorporated in the year 1953 by Holocaust survivors with the mission to assist the sick and needy with financial assistance, emotional help and supportive services. Over the next five decades, the organization has metamorphosed into a comprehensive provider of a full range of social and supportive health services to families in the community who are in crisis or facing financial, health, or other challenges. Social services for Jewish Nazi victims have been supported by a grant from the Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany.
- Bikur Cholim Chesed Organization and Investors Bank to Celebrate Private-Public PartnershipCommunity leaders and elected officials came together […]
- Bikur Cholim Chesed Org.’s Luncheon/Auction a Resounding SuccessSunday, May 15thdawned bright and sunny with a brisk […]
- Remembering Chedva Silberfarb On Her 25th YahrtzeitShemiras haloshon awareness takes center stage in Boro Park once again in commemoration of Chedva Silberfarb’s, a”h, 25th yahrtzeit. Chedva’s legacy of pure speech remains vibrant and the impact of her heartening words of emunah and mussar still strengthen us.
- Chevra Kadisha MeetingA Monthly Discussion Group For Children of Holocaust […]
- The Chesed Club” for Holocaust Survivors Who Love to VolunteerProject for Holocaust Survivors” at Bikur Cholim […]
- Afternoon Chevra” for Retired Men Who are Holocaust SurvivorsProject for Holocaust Survivors” at Bikur Cholim […]